FAQ Search Register Login

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Have You Ever....
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:16 pm 
Castellan

Yes. Usually because something else has covered the original item in question.

Have you ever eaten exotic cuisine and embarrassed yourself by eating the garnish or doing anything else that people don't normally do?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:53 pm 
The Scribe of Athero

Yeah, I'm even embarrassed to tell it...again. When I was young and inexperienced in the ways of the world, I went to the Tiki House in Calgary for a meal with a bunch of friends. It had a lot of exotic Pacific Islands dishes, each one stranger and more delicious than the last.

At some point, a waiter brought in a dish heaped high with steaming, white, rounded rolls, something like pigs in a blanket, only whiter, longer and with nothing sticking out the ends. I debated what they were in my mind, wondered how to eat them (fork, fingers?), and questioned what was inside them. Finally, I took the plunge and picked one up and took a big bite out of it. Or at least tried to. I looked up from my endeavor, looked around the table and became aware that every last person was watching me.

As the blush rose from my neck to my forehead, I hastily excused myself, and spent a good 15 minutes in the bathroom trying to decide whether to laugh or cry. When my blood pressure returned to normal, I returned to the dining room.

Turns out the rolls were steamed and rolled-up cloth napkins for our fingers at the end of the meal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever, under the influence of pain-killing medication, told a hospital nurse that you loved her, THEN told her she wasn't your type?

Don't let aging get you down. It's too hard to get back * up. ~Maxine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:33 pm 
Knight Captain

Nope! And I hope I'll never have to *knock on wood*

Have you ever been told something by your most trusted friend that sounded like the truth, but found out later (after making a complete fool of yourself) that it was all a big joke?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:52 pm 
Castellan

Yes. My husband told me he supported something that I'd been thinking about for a long time, something very personal. I asked him a lot of questions about how far his support went, and he took it back. He said he was kidding. It was extremely painful to hear.

Have you ever told someone the truth and regretted it?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:56 pm 
Knight Captain

A couple times, yes.

Have you ever stayed up all night talking to one person, even though you knew you had something important to do the next day?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 pm 
Goddess

Sure, especially in college.

Have you ever done something really hard, only to discover, right afterward, a much easier way you could've done it?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:27 pm 
Knight Captain

Everyday in Algebra II.

Have you ever had a splinter in your tongue?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:05 am 
Castellan

No, but I had splinters all over my body once. There was a wooden fort at Oceans of Fun. I was wearing my bathing suit and no shoes. I walked, sat, climbed all over this thing. I felt fine for awhile, then my skin got hot. My mom and grandma spent days picking splinters out of my skin.

Have you ever injured a site where you've had stitches before and immediately thought, oh man, this feels just like the time before . . .?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:19 pm 
Knight Captain

No, I've never had stitches nor have I broken a bone *knock on wood*.

Have you ever thought out the perfect conversation with your crush but when you went to go speak with them you ended up tripping/forgetting what you were going to say/freeze up the second they say "hi" back?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:27 pm 
The Scribe of Athero

Yeah, back (waaaayyy back) when I was a teenager. My face still burns to think of it.

Have you ever found out that someone close to you had a bad disease and how did you react?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:04 am 
Regent

Yes.

Lost two dear friends to AIDS back in the late to early 80's and 90's. When they told me they had it, my first reaction was to hug them, and tell them I was sorry, and I would be there for support.

Have you ever forgotten to contact someone you were meaning to, then find out later they had passed away?

One of my friends who died of AIDS had his birthday a couple days after mine. I meant to call him and wish him a happy birthday, but I forgot and kept saying I should call him, but never did. Then his partner came to my home 2 weeks later, telling me he had died. I felt bad, sad, guilty, and angry all at once. Bill was a dear about it, telling me it was probably better I didn't get to see him in the end. I guess it wasn't a pretty sight. And I can agree with that. I witnessed another friend in the final stages of AIDS, and he was so skeletal, it looked more like skin colored bones.
And the ironic thing about all this? A week before I was told Augustine had passed, I had a dream about him. We were sitting in a park, and he turned to me and said, "Don't worry. I am doing fine. I love you."

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:21 pm 
Goddess

I don't know about "forgotten" but a year or so back I went to reconnect with an old friend back in Colorado & after some brief searches, I found that she had passed away from cancer a month or two prior.

Have you ever killed an afternoon by alphabetizing your bookshelves?

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:27 pm 
The Scribe of Athero

Oh my god, NO, Kally. :shock: I can't even imagine doing that for fun. You sure are organized.

Have you ever wasted time and energy ranting about the evil ways of someone to a friend, only to find out that you had the wrong person...that it was someone entirely different than the one you were ranting about...and that it was your friend who found out first and came and told you? :oops:

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:45 pm 
Knight Captain

Oh, my goodness, Raya! Open mouth, insert foot. How long did it take to recover from that piece of oral surgery? I have stuck my foot in my mouth on many occasions but never quite like that. I can relate to Kally's post about organizing a bookcase. I have done that with my books, records (back in the day), movies, and files. I guess that proves I am a bit OCD. I have even gone so far as to organize my pantry so all the cans are faced and readable at a glance. Drives the kids nuts.

Have you ever stayed up all night putting together a huge puzzle, looking for one piece in particular, only to discover in the morning light that your kid swiped the final piece just to be the one to finish the puzzle?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:03 am 
Goddess

Um, no. Don't have kids. May have had the cat eat one or two, though.

Have you ever hitch-hiked somewhere?